The AS qualification in Media Studies forms 50% of the A2 qualification in Media Studies. Therefore, all the work you completed for the AS contributes towards your A2.
As with most of your subjects, you will be assessed through a combination of coursework and examination.
- The coursework is worth 25% of the total A2 marks.
- You will be required to compete one coursework unit, which will require a portfolio of work.
- The coursework will take place throughout the year.
- The examination is worth 25% of the total A2 marks.
- You will take one exam with two sections.
- The exam will take place at the end of Year 13.
- You will do a mock exam in February of Year 13 to help prepare for this.