There are 120 marks available for this portfolio of work, worth 30% of the total GCSE.
Your portfolio will contain three marked pieces of work and an appendix of planning and research material:
- Comparative analytical assignment (60 marks)
- A slideshow presentation comparing representation in at least two media texts.
- Production exercise (40 marks)
- A practical task thematically linked to the analytical assignment designed to “assess candidates’ understanding of Media Language and Representation through the candidates’ use of codes and conventions”.
- Evaluative commentary (20 marks)
- A written response to a series of prompts, “reflecting on decisions made (in the production exercise) and explaining how codes and conventions and media language have been employed”.