As with most of your subjects, you will be assessed through a combination of Controlled Assessment (a form of coursework) and examination.
- The Controlled Assessment is worth 60% of the total GCSE marks.
- You will be required to compete two Controlled Assessment projects, each of which will require a portfolio of work.
- The Controlled Assessments will take place throughout the two years.
- The Controlled Assessment will be marked as you go along so you will always know how you are doing.
- The examination is worth 40% of the total GCSE marks.
- You will take one exam with two sections.
- The exam will take place at the end of Year 11.
- You will do a mock exam in January of Year 11 to help prepare for this.